TheTravelHack

My third day in Paris began with a gloriously lazy morning and leisurely breakfast at Citadines Louvre Paris before setting out towards Notre Dame. La Conciergerie: A Fairytale Palace

Along the way I stopped at La Conciergerie, a former royal palace on an island in the middle of the River Seine. With its grand façade and imposing turrets it looks like something from a fairytale.
The palace was used as a VIP prison in the 18th and 19th centuries and is most famous for holding Marie Antoinette and Napoleon III.
La Saint-Chapelle: The most beautiful stained glass window in the world (fact!)

I then stumbled upon Le Sainte-Chapelle, or The Holy Chapel. It’s a beautiful Gothic chapel but unfortunately there’s some renovation work at the minute so it’s hard to see it in all its glory.
The chapel was built to house precious religious relics that Louis IX came to own – such as Jesus’ crown of thorns, like you do.
The 13th century stained glass window inside La Sainte-Chapelle is the main attraction as it’s often considered to be the best in the world........ go on reading at : Travel Journal: Sauntering the streets of Paris |